Job Bank: Interactive Graphic Artist, Jacksonville
Interactive Graphic Artist
The Florida Times-Union and Jacksonville.com in Jacksonville, Fla., is looking for a graphic artist who can help us find new ways to represent and communicate data in digital and print forms. If your work shows ingenuity, risk-taking, self-reliance and overall awesomeness, then you're right for this position.
• Strong interactive portfolio showing knowledge of Adobe Flash and Action Script is required.
• Experience using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop to create graphics (maps, charts, diagrams, etc.) required.
• Illustration skills required.
• 3-D skills are a plus.
• Ability to create, query, map and analyze data required. Can work with data in Excel.
• Ability to work on the news cycle.
• Must be able to use conceptual thinking and imagination for our many topical and analysis-driven stories. Can work with a group to brainstorm ideas and execute them.
• Ability to organize information and create simple and stylish presentations.
• Strong understanding of Web/interactive design, including usability, compatibility, advantages and limitations.
• Understanding of different platforms including Web, mobile/iPhone and desktop apps is a plus.
• Experience with any of the following: information architecture, user experience, interactive design, wireframing, or user experience, preferred.
• Must be able to find new ways to represent and communicate data.
• Proven aptitude for quick, creative thinking with acute attention to detail on deadline.
• Ability to conduct interviews, gather research and report breaking news onsite.
• Basic copy editing skills required.• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight and long-term deadlines.
• Must have excellent communication, customer service and conflict resolution skills.
• College degree required.
• A minimum of two years of journalism experience preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants may apply at: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA12/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=FLTIMESUNION&cws=1&rid=3955
Please include links to samples of your work in the body of your resume.
Thank you for understanding that due to the large volume of resumes received it is not possible to acknowledge receipt of each resume.
EOEDRUG-FREE SMOKE FREE WORKPLACE
Unless otherwise instructed in the job description above, resumes and work samples should be sent to the contact name and address below:
The Florida Times-Union
1 Riverside Avenue
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Web site: tbe.taleo.net/NA12/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=FLTIMESUNION&cws=1&rid=3955
Date of posting: 11/23/2010
Instructions for employers
Add a new job here.
Edit your existing postings here (you'll need your password).
Job seekers are instructed to send resumes and work samples to the contact person named in this form. If you will accept job inquiries by telephone, fax or e-mail, include numbers and addresses in the appropriate spaces.
You must choose a password and type it in the "Password" field. The password can be letters, numbers or both, but it is case-sensitive. You'll need it to edit or delete your job posting later. You may use the same password on more than one job posting.
Job descriptions remain for 90 days. SND accepts no responsibility for the contents of Job Bank postings or resulting inquiries. SND also reserves the right to edit or remove jobs not appropriate for visual journalists.
Check your work carefully before submitting a job. If you encounter problems, contact SND.
Instructions for jobseekers
Search for job openings here. If interested in a particular job opening, please inquire to the contact person for that job. Please do not inquire to SND about any specific opening.